Traditional business environments have changed with the advent of new computing technologies such as Smart Mobility, Cloud, Big Data, Internet of Things, evolving into a new era in which new ICT converged products and services are being put to practical use.
Medicine, Automobile, Construction, Shipbuilding, IT, Energy, Semiconductor, Aviation, Defense Industry → ICT Convergence → Internalization, Intellectualization, Networking
Security vulnerabilities of the converged ICT products and services have been diversified and worsened with the newly emerging security threats as well as the existing technical ones. Therefore, it requires the multidimensional security measures to protect the products and services, which is different from the current strategies based on fragmentary implementation of security system.
[Converging Environment Trends - Robotics Technologies, Wearable Device, Artificial Intelligence, Social media, Mobile, Big data, Internet of things, Cloud] [Security Convergence Trends - Intelligent Security Analytics, Industrial Espionage, Brand Infringement, Securing the interner of Things, Threat to people, Data loss, Fraud, Endpoint Threat Detection and Response, Website Protection, Human Centric Security, Social Engineering, Workplace Violence, Due Diligence
It is the right time to bring up students as the Global Security Experts with creativity and convergence mind-set. The experts should recognize security activities as the core elements for sustainable organizational management, and make the best use of both security technologies and management skills in accordance with business characteristics.
Business and financial literacy, Decision making, Enterprise risk management, Critical thinking, Balancing Priorities, Self-regulation, Organizational compliance, Maximizing performance of others, Persuasive influencing, Anticipatory thinking, Oral communication
The department of industrial security aims to train students as Converged Security Service Professionals having both problem solving ability and theoretical knowledge about human, technical, and physical solutions for industrial security.
Majors & Characteristics
- Security Infrasture -compliance, Orangization, Culture, Technology
- Security Managenmt and Operation
- Industrial Security, Inforamtion Security
- 01. The department provides intensive professional education programs by offering two majors, information security major and industrial security major. Information security major focuses mainly technical areas of security, whereas industrial security major focuses
- 02. The department aims to improve problem-solving abilities by participating in various research projects and activities, joint with the CAU Industrial Security Research Center sponsored by the Ministry of Science, ICT and Future Planning.
- 03. The department offers the balanced educational programs focusing both on theoretical and empirical knowledge, by inviting noted scholars and experts(full-time and adjunct professors) in the security convergence field.
|Division||Information Security Major||Industrial Security Major|
- Admission Requirements: Applicants should have a bachelor's degree for Master's and a master's degree for Doctoral Program.
- Scholarships: The Dept. offers a variety of scholarships to the academically talented students.
- KIM, Jungduk, Ph.D.
- Chair of Dept. of Security Convergence Science
- Chung-Ang University
- 84 Heuk Seok-Ro, Dong jak -Gu, Seoul, Korea
Tel: +82-2-820-6720E-mail: email@example.com